PRIVACY STATEMENT VIMATEC – Ν. VIDALIS SA
The protection of your personal data is important to us. VIMATEC acknowledges that you are concerned about how your information is shared and processed, therefore we take several appropriate measures to safeguard your personal data under our control. This Privacy Statement defines the steps we take to ensure that the information provided to us will remain secure and confidential and will be used only for the purposes for which it is provided.
With this Privacy Statement we would like to keep you updated regarding:
- How and why we collect and process your information,
- How this information helps us to meet your professional needs and requirements,
- With who and why we share your information,
- Your choices regarding how we use your information,
- The security measures we take to keep your information safe,
- How you can contact us regarding privacy issues.
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to individuals over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Personal data according to Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU (GDPR) are all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, etc.
Controller’s identity and contact details
VIMATEC – Ν. VIDALIS SA
54641 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel: +30 2310 858 561, +30 2310 843 093
Fax: +30 2310 843.566
Data Subject’s rights
As data subjects affected by our data processing activity, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data in accordance with the relevant articles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification and to erasure;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to restriction of processing and to object.
In addition, you have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data.
Notifications to Public Authorities
In order to comply with relevant legal requirements, we reserve the right to disclose information about you if we are requested to provide information to the competent authorities or law enforcement agencies.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect as little information as possible to be able to provide you with products and services according to your needs and expectations. Usually, this information is provided by you voluntarily and includes:
- Contact details (name, email, address, home address, mobile and land line numbers).
- Tax information (name, VAT number, address, profession).
- demographics (eg date of birth) and training and work experience when you send us CVs.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We would like to keep you always updated regarding gathering and using your personal data that come into our possession when you get information about or buy our products and services. We only ask for the minimum information required to meet your demands and to effectively communicate with you. In general, we process information to:
- communicate with you when you request information regarding our products and your orders.
- execute your orders and to deliver our products to you.
- accept your payments.
- send you newsletters, promotional messages and other informational material about our products, provided you have given your consent under the specific conditions set out in GDPR.
- issue and archive the legal tax documents relating to your transactions with us.
- receive your feedback on problems you may encounter when using our products.
- to evaluate your potential recruitment in our company.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
We never disclose your information to third parties, except when:
- we have your explicit consent to do so,
- it is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested (e.g. to deliver products with a transportation company),
- it is required by Law.
As part of the execution of an order, some of your data will be transferred to shipping companies for the transport and delivery of your products. These companies may contact you to ask for clarifications and to inform you about the delivery of your products.
When your information is transferred to third parties, we ensure that we minimize this information to the extent necessary to achieve the specific purpose.
Unless otherwise prohibited by any legal process, third parties are obliged and bound to protect your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Statement and comply with applicable laws and regulations on privacy.
RETENTION AND ERASURE
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention period include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you.
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, some laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
For marketing purposes, your personal data is retained until your consent is withdrawn. This can be done by you at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of consent-based processing in the period before its revocation.
After the end of retention period, your personal data are destroyed, deleted or anonymized.
You must know that according to General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights regarding your personal data under our possession.
Specifically, you have the right to:
- access your data,
- rectify your data, if you think they are not accurate,
- erase your data, when we process them based on your consent or in order to protect our legitimate interests. In all other cases (such as, for example, where there is a contract, the obligation to process personal data is required by law, public interest), this right is subject to specific restrictions or does not exist,
- restrict the processing applied to your data, when their accuracy is questioned, processing is illegal, data is no longer needed by the controller or you have objections to automated processing,
- receive your personal data free of charge in a format that allows you to access, use, and edit them with commonly used editing methods. You also have the right to ask us, if technically feasible, to pass the data directly to another processor. This right exists for the data you have provided to us and is processed by automated means based on your consent or performance of a relevant contract,
- object to the processing of your personal data where, the processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests we seek as processors, as well as for processing for direct marketing.
- withdraw consent: Finally, VIMATEC informs you that where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it free of charge, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent, before you revoke it. To withdraw your consent, you can use the subscription options by following (by clicking) the corresponding link in our electronic communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
To ask us to do anything of the above, you can contact us by phone (+30 2310 858 561) and by email: email@example.com. We will promptly examine your request against the relevant requirements of the laws and regulations governing personal data protection and we will answer the latest within 30 days after receiving your request. If, for reasons of complexity of the request or a multitude of requests, we are unable to respond promptly, we will notify you within thirty days of any delay, which in no case may exceed two months from the expiration of the 30-day deadline. It is possible to ask from you some kind of identification (e.g. photocopy of your identity card or passport) to avoid non-authorized reveal of your personal data.
To ensure that your personal data are always accurate and updated, we recommend you keep us informed about your data, as needed (e.g. in case of a change in a street or email address).
If you feel that your rights regarding your personal data are being compromised, you have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant Data Protection Authority: http://www.dpa.gr, Kifissias 1-3, T.K. 115 23, Athens, tel. 210 6475600, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case, we would especially appreciate your prior communication with us, either by sending a Letter to our headquarters:
VIMATEC – Ν. VIDALIS SA
54641 Thessaloniki, Greece
or by sending an email to: email@example.com, always giving your full details and your reason for contacting us. We assure you that we appreciate your trust and we take prompt care to respond to any requests, questions or complaints.
We use information security technologies, policies and other data protection measures to protect data under our control from unauthorized access, inappropriate use, alteration, illegal or accidental destruction or accidental loss. We also ensure that all of our employees and partners who have access to or are in charge of processing your data are bound by a contract to respect the confidentiality of your data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us.
Cookies are unique to each web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) and contain anonymous information regarding the sites that the user visits. Below you can find information about the cookies that may be used on our website:
Functionality cookies are used for the smooth operation of our web site. They enable our site to “remember” user preferences in order to offer improved and customized functionality to each user. This category includes cookies that store information, such as a username or a content basket, as well as safer browsing information, however any sensitive information is stored in encrypted form.
These cookies collect information about how our site is been used. As a result, our site can adapt to your needs for improved browsing experience. These cookies are also used to create reports for improving the site.
None of the cookies on the site is necessary for its operation, you can disable cookies from your browser settings or disagree with their use on our site. For more information about disabling cookies, please visit your browser’s official website.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Although our site may contain links to third-party sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites and we expressly disclaim any liability for any loss or damage that may be caused by the use of these links. We do not monitor the privacy practices or the content of these sites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of another site, you should contact the site’s responsible personnel.
MINORS’ PERSONAL DATA
Our practice is not to acquire and / or knowingly maintain information about people under the age of sixteen (16).
We want you to contact us for issues related to your privacy, such as for example:
- Updating your information,
- Changing the communication method,
- Asking questions or commenting on the privacy practices we apply and about this Privacy Statement.
You can contact us about the above and other related topics in any of the following ways:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail:
VIMATEC – Ν. VIDALIS SA
54641 Thessaloniki, Greece
- by phone: +30 2310 858 561
REVISIONS OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
It is possible to revise this Privacy Statement periodically in order to adapt to the changing legal, regulatory, business and technology environment. In our site you can find the current Privacy Statement with date of entry into force to know when the most recent review was made.